> Nov 14, 2010 2:41:46 AM org.apache.solr.common.SolrException log
> SEVERE: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Increment must be zero or
> greater: -2147483648

Hi John, this looks like a tokenizer/tokenstreams bug.
what I think is happening is that clearAttributes() is not properly
called, so for each token the position increment is never reset, and
it just keeps building and building.
at some point it overflows, then you get this exception from the indexer.

can you provide your schema definition so I know which ones might be
involved? I thought we fixed this problem everywhere and backported
any such bugfixes to solr 1.4.1, but its possible there is either
still a bug, or we forgot to backport the fix!