Hi,

We're trying to use Solr to replace a custom Lucene server. One requirement we have is to be able to index the content of multiple binary files into a single Solr document. For example, a uniquely named object in our app can have multiple attached-files (eg. Word, PDF etc.), and we want to index (but not store) the contents of those files in the single Solr doc for that named object.

At the moment, we're issuing HTTP requests direct from ColdFusion and using the /update/extract servlet, but can only specify a single file on each request.

Is the best way to achieve this to extend ExtractingRequestHandler to allow multiple binary files and thus specify our own RequestHandler, or would using the SolrJ interface directly be a better bet, or am I missing something fundamental?

Thanks and regards,
Gary.