Hi,

I'm running solr-tomcat 1.4.0 on Ubuntu and have an issue with the sorting of results. According to this page http://web.archiveorange.com/archive/v/AAfXfzy5Tm1uDy5mYW3B I should be able to configure the LowerCaseFilterFactory to ensure results will be indexed and returned in a case insensitive means, however this does not appear to be working for me. Is someone able to check my field config to confirm it is ok (and if anyone has any advice on making this work it would be appreciated - my issue is the same as that in the provided link (that is, upper case and lower case are being ordered separately instead of being interspersed). The sort field I'm using is of type text as defined below.

The text field type is configured as follows:

<fieldType name="text" class="solr.TextField" positionIncrementGap="100">
<analyzer type="index">
<filter class="solr.StopFilterFactory"
ignoreCase="true"
words="stopwords.txt"
enablePositionIncrements="true"
/>
<filter class="solr.WordDelimiterFilterFactory" generateWordParts="1" generateNumberParts="1" catenateWords="1" catenateNumbers="1" catenateAll="0" splitOnCaseChange="1"/>
<filter class="solr.SnowballPorterFilterFactory" language="English" protected="protwords.txt"/>
</analyzer>
<analyzer type="query">
<filter class="solr.SynonymFilterFactory" synonyms="synonyms.txt" ignoreCase="true" expand="true"/>
<filter class="solr.StopFilterFactory"
ignoreCase="true"
words="stopwords.txt"
enablePositionIncrements="true"
/>
<filter class="solr.WordDelimiterFilterFactory" generateWordParts="1" generateNumberParts="1" catenateWords="0" catenateNumbers="0" catenateAll="0" splitOnCaseChange="1"/>
<filter class="solr.SnowballPorterFilterFactory" language="English" protected="protwords.txt"/>
</analyzer>
</fieldType>

When I sort on a primaryName field (which is a "text" field as define above) for example, I get records listed out of order as in the following example:
- Withers, Alfred Robert (1863–1956)
- Young, Charles (1838–1916)
- de Little, Ernest (1868–1926)
- de Pledge, Thomas Frederick (1867–1954)
- von Bibra, William (1876–1926)

I imagine I'm missing something obvious, the obvious workaround is a namesort field however from the above post it looks like this can be avoided.

Scott.