On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 3:33 PM, Eric Martin <e...@makethembite.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I searched google and the wiki to find out how I can force a full re-index
> of all of my content and I came up with zilch. My goal is to be able to
> adjust the weight settings, re-index  my entire database and then search my
> site and view the results of my weight adjustments.
>

> I am using Tomcat 5.x and Solr 1.4.1. Weird how I couldn't find this info. I
> must have missed it. Anyone know where to find it?
>

> Eric

Eric,

How you re-index SOLR determines which method you wish to use. You can
either use the UpdateHandler using a POST of an XML file [1], or you
can use the DataImportHandler (DIH) [2]. There exist other means, but
these two should be sufficient to get started. How did you import your
initial index in the first place?

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/solr/UpdateXmlMessages
[2] http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandler