What version of Solr are you using? You can think about
PatternReplaceCharFilterFactory if you're using the right
version of Solr.

But.... you have other problems than that. Let's claim you
get the periods removed. Do you tokenize three tokens or
one? I.e. jrr or j r r? In the latter case your search still won't
match.

Best
Erick