Solr doesn't lock anything as far as I know, it just executes the
query you specify. The query you specify may well do bad things
to your database, but that's not Solr's fault. What happens if you
simply try executing the query outside Solr? Do you see the
same "locking" behavior?

You might want to consider using SolrJ along with the jdbc driver
of your choice rather than DIH if DIH is causing you grief.

Best
Erick