My project has a couple custom caches that descend from FastLRUCache. These
worked fine in Solr 1.3. Then I started migrating my project to Solr 1.4.1 and
had problems during startup.

I believe the problem is that I attempt to access the core in the init process.
I currently use the deprecated SolrCore.getSolrCore(), but had the same problem
when attempting to use CoreContainer. During some initialization process, I
need
access to the IndexSchema object. I assume the problem is because startup must
create objects in a different order now.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get access to the core
infrastructure
at the startup of the caches?