That's the same series we use... we hade problems when running other
disk-heavy operations like rsync and backup on them too..

But in our case we mostly had hangs or load > 180 :P... Can you
simulate very heavy random disk i/o? if so then you could check if you
still have the same problems...

That's all I can be of help with, good luck :)

/Sven