On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 3:01 PM, Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org> wrote:
> I have seen this.  In Solr 1.4.1, the .fdt, .fdx, and the .tv* files do not
> segment, but all the other files do.  I can't remember whether it behaves
> the same under 3.1, or whether it also creates these files in each segment.

Yep, that's the shared doc store (where stored fields go.. the
non-inverted part of the index), and it works like that in 3.x and
trunk too.
It's nice because when you merge segments, you don't have to re-copy
the docs (provided you're within a single indexing session).
There have been discussions about removing it in trunk though... we'll see.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com