On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 4:49 AM, Ophir Adiv <firt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 2:25 PM, Upayavira <u...@odoko.co.uk> wrote:
>>

>> On Thu, 09 Dec 2010 13:34 +0200, "Ophir Adiv" <firt...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I added a configuration file which is updated on one of the master
>>> cores' conf directory, and also added the file name to the list of
>>> "confFiles".
>>> As as expected, after index change and commit, this file gets
>>> replicated to the slave core.
>>> However, the problem that remains is how to reload this file's data
>>> after it's replicated.
>>>
>>> What I did on the master core, is to initiate a core reload, and
>>> through a custom CoreAdminHandler override handleReloadAction() to
>>> reload the new file too.
>>> But this cannot be done on the slave, since the master, which triggers
>>> the update, is unaware who is slaves are.
>>>
>>> Any ideas on how to do this?
>>
>> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/CoreAdmin#RELOAD
>>
>> Doesn't this do it?
>>
>> Upayavira
>>

> This works on the master core, since the application knows its master
> cores - but this does not trigger a reload on the slave cores.

I believe it does. See SnapPuller.java

          if (successfulInstall) {
            LOG.info("Configuration files are modified, core will be reloaded");
            logReplicationTimeAndConfFiles(modifiedConfFiles,
successfulInstall);//write to a file time of replication and conf
files.
            reloadCore();
          }

And I tested it awhile ago, and it seemed to be working.

Check your logs for errors, perhaps?

Tom