On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 4:01 AM, Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm shooting in the dark here, but according to this:
> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrReplication
> <http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrReplication>after the slave pulls the index
> down, it issues a commit. So if your
> slave is configured to generate the dictionary on commit, will it
> "just happen"?

Our slaves spellcheckers are not configured to buildOnCommit,
therefore it shouldn't just happen.

> But according to this: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-866
> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-866>this is an open issue....

Thanx for the pointer! SOLR-866 is even better suited for us - after
reading SOLR-433 again I realized that it targets scripts based
replication (what we're going to leave behind us).

Cheers,
Martin

--
Martin Grotzke