On 12/13/2010 9:59 AM, Solr User wrote:
Hi,

I tried *:* using dismax and I get no results.

Is there a way that I can get all the search results using dismax?

For dismax, use q= or simply leave the q parameter off the URL entirely. It appears that you need to have q.alt set to *:* for this to work. It would be a good idea to include this in your handler definition:

<str name="q.alt">*:*</str>

Two people (myself and Peter Karich) gave this answer on this thread last week, within 15 minutes of the time your original question was posted. Here's the entire thread on nabble:

http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/How-to-get-all-the-search-results-td2028233.html

Shawn