Jan,

I'd appreciate a little more explanation here. I've explored SolrCloud
somewhat, but there's some bits of this architecture I don't yet get.

You say, next time an "indexer slave" pings ZK. What is an "indexer
slave"? Is that the external entity that is doing posting indexing
content? If this app that posts to Solr, you imply it must check with ZK
before it can do an HTTP post to Solr? Also, once you do this leader
election to switch to an alternative master, are you implying that this
new master was once a slave of the original master, and thus has a valid

Find this interesting, but still not quite sure on how it works exactly.

Upayavira