Thanks James.

So being accurate with fields with fields(mulitvalues) is probably not possible
using all the currently made analyzers.

----- Original Message ----
From: "Dyer, James" <james.d...@ingrambook.com>
To: "solr-user@lucene.apache.org" <solr-user@lucene.apache.org>
Sent: Mon, December 20, 2010 7:16:43 AM
Subject: RE: A schema inside a Solr Schema (Schema in a can)

Dennis,

If you need to search a key/value pair, you'll have to put them both in the
same
field, somehow.  One way is to re-index them using the key in the fieldname.
For instance, suppose you have:

contributor:  dyer, james
contributor:  smith, sam
role:  author
role:  editor

...but you want to search only for authors, you could index these again with
fieldnames like:

contrib_author:  dyer, james
contrib_editor:  smith, sam

Then you would query "q=contributor:smtih" to search all contribtors and
q=contrib_editor:smith just to get editors.

Another way to do it is to use some type of marker character sequence to define
the "key" and index it like this:

contributor:  dyer, james __author
contributor:  smith, sam  __editor

then you can query like this:  "q=contributor:"smith __editor"~50 ... to search
only for editors named Smith.

We are not yet fully developed here on SOLR but we currently use both of these
approaches using a different search engine.  One nice thing SOLR could add to
this second approach that is not an option with our other system is the
possibility of writing a custom analyzer that could maybe take some of the
complexity out of the app.  Not sure exactly how it'd work though...

James Dyer
E-Commerce Systems
Ingram Content Group
(615) 213-4311