Huh, does !term in 4.0 mean the same thing as !field in 1.4? What you describe as !term in 4.0 dev is what I understand as !field in 1.4 doing.

On 12/22/2010 10:01 AM, Yonik Seeley wrote:
On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 9:53 AM, Dyer, James<james.d...@ingrambook.com>  wrote:
The phrase solution works as does escaping the space with a backslash:
fq=Product:Electric\ Guitar ... actually a lot of characters need to be escaped
like this (amperstands and parenthesis come to mind)...
One way to avoid escaping is to use the raw or term query parsers:

fq={!raw f=Product}Electric Guitar

In 4.0-dev, use {!term} since that will work with field types that
need to transform the external representation into the internal one
(like numeric fields need to do).

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrQuerySyntax

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com

I assume you already have this indexed as "string", not "text"...

James Dyer
E-Commerce Systems
Ingram Content Group
(615) 213-4311