Thanks for the Reply Erick.  I read through the link you provided as well as
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/TermsComponent
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/TermsComponent  but that doesn't seem to be what
I'm looking for.  If a user searches for "pell", is there a way to have SOLR
modify the query such that the highest-ranked spell correction ("dell" in
this example) is search for by the query component rather than "pell". Right
now, it seems that all that is happening is that "dell" is being returned as
a suggestion, but the query component is still searching with "pell".

Thanks in advance!

-Mark