On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 2:23 AM, Julian Hille <julian.hi...@netimpact.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> if i search for a german umlaut like ä or ö i get something like weird
> conversions from latin to utf in query response. The encoding of the result
> is ok,
> but not the "you queried for this" part. There is my "ä" wrong encoded.
> There it seems like it had been interpreted from latin to utf 8.
>
> Solr is set to use utf-8 and tomcat got in the connector URIEncoding="UTF-8"
> but that didnt change anything.

You can verify that the container is configured correctly via
example/exampledocs/test_utf8.sh

Another trick I sometimes use is to use the python response format
(wt=python) since that uses escapes for anything outside of ASCII and
then it's easy to see the actual unicode value that's being returned
in a response.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com