On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 10:06 AM, Dinesh <mdineshkuma...@karunya.edu.in> wrote:

> can u give an example.. like something that is currently being used..

Sorry, I do not have anything like this at hand at the moment.

>              i'am an
> engineering student and my project is to index all the real time log files
> from different devices and use some artificial intelligence and produce a
> usefull data out of it.. i'm doing this for my college.. i'm struggling more
> than a month even for a start..
[...]

It should not really be that hard. Did you go through the Solr tutorial,
get the example working, and grasp the basics of Solr indexing, and
search? If so, then it is just a matter of setting up what should be a
simple Solr schema, extracting the relevant data from the log files,
and posting it to Solr for indexing. Where exactly in this process are
you having trouble? Can you post a small (say, 10-15 lines) excerpt
of your log files, indicating which of the data you want to keep. No
promises, but maybe someone will have the time to take a crack at
it. The other way might be to look for help from a local expert in
Solr.

Finally, I am afraid that data mining / artificial intelligence is beyond
the scope of Solr, but you could look at something like Apache Mahout.

Regards,
Gora