I currently have a DIH that is working in terms of being able to
search/filter on various facets, but I'm struggling to figure out how to
take it to the next level of what I'd like ideally.

We have a database where the "atomic" unit is a condition (like an
environment description - temp, light, high salt, etc) and these conditions
can be in groups.

For example, conditionA may belong to groups "huckleberry", "star wars" and
"some group".

When I search/filter on a facet I'm currently able to see the conditions and
the information about the conditions (like which group(s) it belongs to),
but what I'm wanting to do is be able to return group names and their member
conditions along with the conditions' respective info when I search/filter
on a facet.

So instead of seeing:

- condtionA
    groups:  huckleberry, star wars, some group

I would like to see is:
- huckleberry
  conditionA   temp: 78    light: 12hrs, NaCl: 35g/L
  condition35 control, temp: 65, NaCl: 25g/L

- star wars
  conditionA temp: 78    light: 12hrs, NaCl: 35g/L
  conditionDE temp: 78, light: 24hrs, NaCl: 0

Is this doable?  My DIH has one entity that is "conditions" with all of its
sub entities, would I need to change the DIH to achieve what I want to do?
And/or do I need to configure the solrconfig and schema files to be able to
do what I want to do?

I realize that part of the problem is presentation which is not solr, but
I'm struggling with figuring out how to transpose from condition to group in
the index, if that makes sense?  Assuming that's what I need to do.

Or am I totally wrong in thinking I would handle this in the index?

Thanks,
kmf