On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 1:40 AM, alexei <achugu...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> The datasource number is stored in the database.
> The parent entity queries for this number and in theory it
> should becomes available to the child entity - "Article" in my case.

I do not think that it is possible to have the datasource name
come from a variable.

> I am initiating the import via solr/db/dataimport?command=full-import
>
> Script is a good idea, but I will have close to 200+ datasources and I would
> have to generate a map of all the Article ids each time I do a full import
> or update.
> Did you mean a script that would import all the articles from each
> Datasource and then reload
> the config solr/db/dataimport?command=reload-config ?

I meant a script that runs the query that defines the datasources for all
fields, writes a Solr DIH configuration file, and then initiates a dataimport.

> In my mind this should be following the same mechanism which resolves
> variables in queries.
[...]

It ought to be possible to allow this syntax. I think that people have
not had a need for this.

Another possibility might be to revisit how your data are organized.
Could you explain why you need to use multiple datasources (in this
context, presumably this means multiple databases?), rather than
multiple tables?

Regards,
Gora