Has anyone had any success using the DataImportHandler on Webshpere 6.1

I am getting the following exception from Websphere when viewing the
DataImport Development Console in the browser. The ajax call to retrieve the
dataconfig.xml fails. The thing is that if you do an import the import
succeeds.

[1/11/11 15:38:10:194 GMT] 00000042 SolrDispatchF I
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter init SolrDispatchFilter.init()
done
[1/11/11 15:38:10:381 GMT] 00000042 SolrCore      I
org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore execute [] webapp=/solr path=/select
params={command=show-config&qt=/dataimport} status=0 QTime=47
[1/11/11 15:38:10:428 GMT] 00000042 SolrDispatchF E
org.apache.solr.common.SolrException log java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.SRTServletResponse.setContentType(SRTServletResponse.java:1017)
        at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.writeResponse(SolrDispatchFilter.java:318)
        at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:254)

This may be a symptom of what's causing problems when my app tries to do a
dataimport using SolrJ, so that is why I put the stack trace here.

What's happening in my app is that SolrJ sends an Http request to the Solr
instance to do a dataimport. The dataimport succeeds, but the response comes
back as a 404 page not found. This causes SolrJ to throw an exception, and
so the rest of my application fails and reports an error. When doing this
call there is no stack trace in the logs, just an error saying page not
found.

The app works fine on JBoss but doesn't work on Websphere.
The version of Solr is 1.4.1
Websphere is:
version 6.1.0.0
Build Number: b0620.14