Maybe there is a better solution, but I think that you can solve this
problem using facets. You will get the number of documents where each term
appears. Also, you can filter a specific set of terms by entering a query
like "+field:term1 OR +field:term2 OR ...", or using the facet.query
parameter.

Regards,

Juan Grande