In the Wiki and the book by Smiley and Pugh, and in the comments inside the
solrconfig.xml file itself, it always talks about the various settings in
the context of a blended use solr index. By that I mean, it assumes you are
indexing and querying from the same solr instance. However, if I have a
Master-Slave set up I should be able to optimize the Master for indexing
data, and optimize the Slave for querying the data. Does anyone have links
to information that talks about this? I want to index as furiously as
possible into one solr instance without regard to the impact it will have on
queries, and to query on another solr instance that only has to worry about
replication, but not constant add/update/delete/commit activity. I want my
solrconfig settings to be as optimal as possible.

Links, comments, references to previous forum threads, any and all feedback
is appreciated.
Thanks,
Ken