I am not sure if i really understand what that mean by clean=false.

In my understanding, for full-import with default clean=true, it will blow
off all document of the existing index.  Then full import data from a table
into a index.  Is that right?

Then for clean=false, my understanding is that it won't blow off existing
index.   For data that exist in index and db table (by the same uniqueKey)
it will update the index data regardless if there is actual field update.
For existing index data but not existing in table (by comparing uniqueKey),
it will leave it in the index.   Is it correct?  Otherwise, what is the
difference from clean=true?

Look for your knowledge on this.  Thanks!