Let me give an example to illustrate my question:

On netflix site, the search box allow you to search by movie, tv shows,
actors, directors, and genres.

If "Tomcat" is searched, it gives result as:  move titles with "Tomcat" or
whatever, and somewhere in between , it also show two actors, "Tom Cruise"
and "Tom Hanks".   Then followed by a lot of other movies titles.

If this is all based on the same type of index document (titles that has
title name, associated actors, directors, and genres), then search result
are all titles.  How is it able to render matching actors as part of the
result.  In other word, how does it tell some movie are returned because of
actor match?

If it is implemented as two different type of index document.  One document
type for title (name, actors, directors ...), the other is for actor (actor
name, movie/tv titles).   How does it merge result?  As far as i notice,
sometimes actors name can appear anywhere in search result as a group.   Is
it just comaring the score of the first actor document with that of title
match result, and then decide where to insert the actor match result?  Well,
that can be inaccurate, right?  Score from two different type of document
are not comparable right?

Let me know what your thought on this.  Thanks in advance.