Hi Paul,
thanks a lot for your feedbacks, much more than appreciated! :)

Going through your comments:

 * Yes it also packs a Solr webepp, it is needed to embed it in
Tomcat. Do you think it could be a useful feature having also webapp
.war as output? if it helps, I'm open to add it as well.

 * src/main/webapp and src/main/resources are ignored because I didn't
use the war plugin, everything is configured in the assembly
descriptor ATM. As a workaround, you can add resources on src/solr/*
subdirectory and it will be included in the webapp; when the war
plugin will be plugged (previous comment), that issue should be
solved.

Can you tell me a little more about the velocity contrib, please? In
the multicore, I'd like the solr.xml will be generated during the
build-time analyzing the dependencies but I didn't figure out how to
do it. Many thanks in advance!

http://www.99soft.org/