Hi Mark,

"When I indexed *George *it was also finally analyzed and stored as *george*
Theny why is it that I don't get a match as per the analysis report I had"

your indexed term is george but you search for George* which does not go
through the same analysis process as it did when it was indexed. So, since
the terms you are searching for are not
lowercased you are trying to find something that starts with George (capital
G) which doesn't exist in you index.

If you are not "hitting" Solr directly, maybe you can lowercase you input
text before feeding it to Solr?