I have some unclear behaviour with using clean and pre/postImportDeleteQuery for delta-imports. The docs under http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandler#Configuration_in_data-config.xml are not clear enough.

My observation is:
- preImportDeleteQuery is only executed if clean=true is set
- postImportDeleteQuery is only executed if clean=true is set
- if preImportDeleteQuery is ommitted and clean=true then the whole index is cleaned
=> config with postImportDeleteQuery itself won't work

Is above correct?

I don't need preImportDeleteQuery only post is necessary. But to make post work I am doubling the post to pre so clean=true doesn't delete whole index. This looks a bit like a workaround as wanted behaviour.

solr version is 1.4.1

thanks.

--
 manuel aldana