Hi Erick,

I tried to use terms component, I got ended up with the following problems.

Problem: 1

Custom Sort not working in terms component:

http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Term-component-sort-is-not-working-td1905059.html#a1909386

I want to sort using one of my custom field[value_score], I gave it aleady
in my configuration, but it is not sorting properly.

The following are the configuration in solrconfig.xml

  <searchComponent name="termsComponent"
class="org.apache.solr.handler.component.TermsComponent"/>

  <requestHandler name="/terms"
class="org.apache.solr.handler.component.SearchHandler">
     <lst name="defaults">
        <bool name="terms">true</bool>
                <str name="wt">json</str>
            <str name="fl">name</str>
            <str name="sort">value_score desc</str>
            <str name="indent">true</str>
    </lst>
    <arr name="components">
      <str>termsComponent</str>
    </arr>
  </requestHandler>

The SOLR response tag is not returned based on sorted parameter.

Problem: 2

Cap sensitive problem: [I am searching for "Apple"]

http://localhost/solr/core1/terms?terms.fl=name&terms.prefix=apple <-- not
working

http://localhost/solr/core1/terms?terms.fl=name&terms.prefix=Apple <--
working

Tried regex to overcome cap-sensitive problem:

http://localhost/solr/core1/terms?terms.fl=name&terms.regex=Apple&terms.regex.flag=case_insensitive

Is this regex based search will help me for my requirement?

It is returning irrelevant results. I am using the same syntax it is
mentioned in WIKI.

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/TermsComponent

Am I going wrong anywhere?

Please let me know if you need any more info.

Thanks,

Johnny