Hi Ravi Kiran,

I am using Solr version 1.4, and the solution suggested by you seems to be
there in solrconfig.xml already.

But after reading your message again now, I checked the release
notes(CHANGES.TXT) of Solr 1.4.1 and I found these two entries..

* SOLR-1711: SolrJ - StreamingUpdateSolrServer had a race condition that
  could halt the streaming of documents. The original patch to fix this
  (never officially released) introduced another hanging bug due to
  connections not being released.  (Attila Babo, Erik Hetzner via yonik)

* SOLR-1748, SOLR-1747, SOLR-1746, SOLR-1745, SOLR-1744: Streams and Readers
  retrieved from ContentStreams are not closed in various places, resulting
  in file descriptor leaks.
  (Christoff Brill, Mark Miller)

Though I am not completely sure, I suspect by upgrading my Solr to 1.4.1
could solve this issue.

I am in the process of upgrading my Solr.

Will keep you posted on the updates when I have some..

Cheers
Shan