here is the ticket:

On 02/08/2011 11:27 AM, Jed Glazner wrote:
So I re-indexed some of the content, but no dice. Per Hoss, I tried
disabling the TVC and it worked great.  We're not really using tvc right
now since we made a decision to turn off highlighting for the moment, so
this isn't a huge deal.  I'll create a new jira issue.

FYI here is my query from the logs:

--this one breaks (undefined field)
webapp=/solr path=/select
params={explainOther=&fl=*,score&indent=on&start=0&q=bruce&hl.fl=&qt=standard&wt=standard&fq=&version=2.2&rows=10}
hits=114 status=400 QTime=21

this one works:
webapp=/solr path=/select
params={explainOther=&indent=on&hl.fl=&wt=standard&version=2.2&rows=10&fl=*,score&start=0&q=bruce&tv=false&qt=standard&fq=}
hits=128 status=0 QTime=48

Though i'm not sure why when the tvc is disabled there are more hits,
but the qtime is slower.  That's a different issue though, and something
I can work though.

Thanks for your help.