besides fieldCache, there is also a cache for termInfo.
I don't know how to turn it off in both lucene and solr.

codes in TermInfosReader
  /** Returns the TermInfo for a Term in the set, or null. */
  TermInfo get(Term term) throws IOException {
    return get(term, true);
  }

  /** Returns the TermInfo for a Term in the set, or null. */
  private TermInfo get(Term term, boolean useCache) throws IOException