Thanks Lance, I'll see what I can do with 3.x. I got the latest build #260 from
Hudson (apache-solr-3.1-2011-02-13_05-19-21.tgz).

While SolrJ 1.4.1 was available to my Maven build, I don't see any 3.x or 4.x
client artifacts available out there. It looks like Maven was addressed a while
back (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-586), but has that fallen by
the wayside?  I admittedly did not build from source. But, in the distribution
I just downloaded, I don't see any POMs etc. for the client stuff that I could
perhaps install in a local repo.

Cheers,

Jeff

--