I know this is old, but I caught it while looking for some help on
Spellcheck.

I see that you are copying a set of fields to the field named 'text' and
then coping 'text' to 'spell'. According to the documentation:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SchemaXml#Copy_Fields "no copy feeds into
another copy" so it may be that no data is actually being copied to your
index, so there is nothing to build the spell checker from.

I also noticed that the 'text' and 'spell' fields are not defined but I
wasn't sure if they were just omitted to save space.

Anyway, good look.