Ryan,

It's not possible out of the box, no.  If your docs with abc* keywords have all
fields stored, you could get them from the index, modify them in memory to
remove abc*, and send them back to Solr for indexing.  It's still reindexing,
but only of those particular documents and without having to go to the original
document source.  But it does require all fields to be stored, so you can get
and modify their values in your custom app.

Otis
----