(11/02/23 8:26), kmf wrote:

I'm using solr 4.0 and trying to implement a hierarchical faceting example.
The example I'm trying to implement is taken from the webcast "Mastering the
Power of Faceted Search."
(http://www.lucidimagination.com/solutions/webcasts/faceting)  Around minute
30, Chris Hostetter gives a very nice "tips&  tricks" example he described
as Taxonomy facets.  Where I'm confused is how to get the data
indexed/organized into the "taxonomy facets" (0/NonFic, 1/NonFic/Law,
0/NonFic, 1/NonFic/Sci, 0/NonFic, 1/NonFic/Hist, 1/NonFic/Sci,
2/NonFic/Sci/Phys).  Since I'm using DIH to import my data from a DB, do I
create a TemplateTransformer to produce the indexed data?  Do I have to do
something special within schema.xml and/or solrconfig.xml?

Once I figure out the correct config setup, I assume it's simply a matter of
creating the correct solr query like he describes in the video?

Thanks,
kmf

kmf,

disclaimer: I've never seen the webcast yet.

First, SOLR-792 is not for hierarchical faceting. Please see SOLR-64.
Second, please take a look at PathHierarchyTokenizer in trunk and 3x.
It cannot output the depth factor ("0/", "1/", ...), though.

Hmm, does everyone think that it has to be better if it outputs
the depth factors to type or payload or somewhere else?

Koji
--
http://www.rondhuit.com/en/