Dear all,

According to my experiences, when the Lucene index updated frequently, its
performance must become low. Is it correct?

In my system, most data crawled from the Web is indexed and the
corresponding index will NOT be updated any more.

However, some indexes should be updated frequently like the records in
relational databases. The sizes of the indexes are not so large as the
crawled data. The updated index will NOT be scaled to many other nodes. In
most time, they are located on a very limited number of machines.

In this case, may I use Lucene indexes? Or I need to replace them with
relational databases?

Thanks so much!
LB