Hi,

we use an external file field configured as dynamic field. The dynamic
field name (and so the name of the provided file) may contain spaces.
But currently it is not possible to query for such fields. The
following query results in a ParseException:
q=val:(experience_foo\ bar)

org.apache.lucene.queryParser.ParseException: Cannot parse
'val:(experience_foo\ bar)': Expected ',' at position 15 in
'experience_foo bar'

We use following configuration for the externalFileField:
<types>
   <fieldType name="experienceRankFile" keyField="id" defVal="0"
stored="false" indexed="false" class="solr.ExternalFileField"
valType="float"/>
</types>
<fields>
   <dynamicField name="experience_*" type="experienceRankFile" />
</field>

I think it is a bug, therefore I opened issue SOLR-2335.

To handle this problem we now have to decide if we implement a
workaround in our application to replace whitespaces or if we try to
patch solr to work with whitepaces in dynamic ExternalFileFields.
Does anybody have an idea how complex it will be to provide a patch
for this problem? Or is there another way to query for such fields?

Thanks,
Miriam

--
Miriam Dölle
Dipl.-Inf. (FH)

freiheit.com technologies gmbh
Straßenbahnring 22  /  20251 Hamburg, Germany
fon       +49 (0)40 / 890584-0
fax       +49 (0)40 / 890584-20
HRB Hamburg 70814

C175 AFF6 5C5C D6DD 3546 37D2 A2EB 5844 D63E F15B
Geschäftsführer: Claudia Dietze, Stefan Richter, Jörg Kirchhof