Hi,

I am using Solrj as a Solr client in my project.

While searching, for a few words, it seems Solrj takes more time to send
response, for eg (8 - 12 sec). While searching most of the other words it
seems Solrj take less amount of time only.

For eg, if I post a search url in browser, it shows the QTime in
milliseconds only.

http://serverName/solr/mydata/select?q=computing&qt=myhandler&fq=category:1

But, if I query the same using Solrj from my project like below, it takes
long time(8 - 12 sec) to produce the same results. Hence, I suspect whether
Solrj takes such long time to produce results.

SolrServer server = new CommonsHttpSolrServer(url);
SolrQuery query = new SolrQuery("computing");
query.setParam("qt", "myhandler");
query.setFilterQueries("category:1");
query.setHighlight(false);
QueryResponse rsp = server.query( query );

I have tried both POTH and GET method. But, both are taking much time.

Any idea why Solrj takes such long time for particular words. It returns
around 40 doc list as a search result.  I have even comment out highlighting
for that.

And any way to speed it up.

Note: I am using Tomcat and set heap size as around 1024 mb. And I am using
Solr 1.4.1 version.