Hi all!

I created a SolrJ project to run test Solr. So, I am inserting batches of
7000 records, each with 200 attributes which adds up approximately to 13.77
Mb per batch.

I am measuring the time it takes to add and commit each set of 7000
records to an instantiation of CommonsHttpSolrServer.
Each of the first 6 batches takes approximately 17 to 21 seconds.
The 7th batch takes 42sec and the 8th takes 1min.

And when it adds the 9th batch to the server it generates this error:

Mar 16, 2011 4:56:20 PM org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector
executeWithRetry
INFO: I/O exception (java.net.SocketException) caught when processing
request: Connection reset
Mar 16, 2011 4:56:21 PM org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector
executeWithRetry
INFO: Retrying request
Exception in thread "main" org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServerException:
org.apache.commons.httpclient.ProtocolException: Unbuffered entity enclosing
request can not be repeated.
        at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CommonsHttpSolrServer.request(CommonsHttpSolrServer.java:480)
        at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CommonsHttpSolrServer.request(CommonsHttpSolrServer.java:244)
        at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.request.AbstractUpdateRequest.process(AbstractUpdateRequest.java:105)
        at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServer.add(SolrServer.java:49)

I googled this error and one of the suggestions consists of the reduction of
the number of records per batch. But I want to achieve a solution with at
least 7000 records per batch.
Any help would be appreciated.
André