This is not Solr crashing, per se, it is your JVM. I personally haven't
generally had much success debugging these kinds of failure - see
whether it happens again, and if it does, try updating your
JVM/switching to another/etc.

Anyone have better advice?

Upayavira

On Mon, 04 Apr 2011 11:59 +0200, "Matthieu Huin"
<matthieu.h...@wallix.com> wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> I am currently using solr as the backend behind a log aggregation and
> search system my team is developing. All was well and good until I
> noticed a test server crashing quite unexpectedly. We'd like to dig more
> into the incident but none of us has much experience with Jetty crash
> logs - not to mention that our Java is very rusty.
>
> The crash log is joined as an attachment.
>
> Could anyone help us with understanding what went wrong there ?
>
> Also, would it be possible and/or wise to automatically restart the
> server in case of such a crash ?
>

> Thanks for your help. If you need any extra info about that case, do not
> hesitate to ask !
>

> Matthieu Huin
>

> Email had 1 attachment:
> + hs_err_pid5033.log
>   26k (text/x-log)
---
Enterprise Search Consultant at Sourcesense UK,
Making Sense of Open Source