Hello list,

I did not find a wiki page about normalization.
All I found was:
http://search.lucidimagination.com/search/document/9d06882d97db5c59/a_question_about_solr_score

where Hoss suggests to normalize depending on the maxScore.

I am not comfortable with that since, at least, I want that a search for "the
wombats" in a directory of mathematical concepts, and display that all scores
are pretty bad and not display 1.0 for matches that are only on the word "the".

It seems that the strategy would be to normalize by maxScore if the maxScore is
bigger than 1.0.
Can you confirm that?
Isn't there going to be similar edge cases as above?

I remember a time where Lucene results' score were always normalized. That
seems to be not in SOLR, or?

thanks in advance

paul