On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 12:00 PM, Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org> wrote:
> We aren't yet using dismax in production, but I've had it in my config for a
> while now.  I've changed it to edismax in the 3.1 setup I'm putting together
> now.  It has the following in the bf parameter:
>
> recip(ms(NOW/DAY,pd),3.16e-11,1,1)
>
> Is there a way to do this without bf?  I couldn't make heads or tails of
> what you wrote above.

"bf" parsing is fragile because it is a space-delimited list of
functions (meaning no functions may have whitespace in them).
"bf" also adds the function to the query score, but for boosting one
is normally better off multiplying.  With edismax, you can get a
multiplicative boost via
boost=recip(ms(NOW/DAY,pd),3.16e-11,1,1)

-Yonik
http://www.lucenerevolution.org -- Lucene/Solr User Conference, May
25-26, San Francisco