If you omitNorms and omitTermFreqAndPositions on the query field(s) and use no
funky boost functions, all results will have identical score in AND-queries
(or queries with one search term). IDF has no meaning because of AND,
queryNorm is the same across the resultset, fieldNorm is 1 and TF is 1.

It's not a really uncommon use-case. Some business owners just do not care
about normalizing or term frequencies.