Hi Victor,

I have the same questions about the new Suggest component.
I can't really help you as I didn't really manage to understand how it
worked.
Sometimes, I had more results, sometimes less.

Even so, I would really be interested in your resources using Terms and
shingles to implement auto-complete.
I am myself a French student and it could help me improve the solution of
one of my project.

Best regards,
Quentin

2011/4/15 openvictor Open <openvic...@gmail.com>

> Hi everybody,
>

> Recently I implemented an autocomplete mechanism for my website using a
> custom TermsComponent. I was quite happy with that because it also enables
> me to do a Google-like feature where complete sentences where suggested to
> the user when he typed in the search field. I used Shingles to search
> against pieces of sentences.
> (I have resources for French people if somebody asks)
>
> Then came solr 3.1 and its new suggest component. I have looked at the
> documentation but it's still unclear how it works exactly. So please let me
> ask some questions :
>

>   - Is there performance improvements over TermsComponent ?
>   - Is it able to autosuggest sentences and not only words ? If yes, how ?
>   Should I keep my shingles ?
>   - What is this "threshold" value that I see ? Is it a mandatory field to
>   complete ? I want to have suggestion no matter what the frequency is in
> the
>   document !
>

> Thank you all, if I succeed to do that I will try to provide a tutorial to
> do what with Jquery UI autocomplete + Suggest component if anyone's
> interested.
> Best regards.
>
> Victor

Quentin Proust