Hi

Someone told me that ebay is using solr.
I was looking at their Auto Suggest implementation and I guess they are
using Shingles and the TermsComponent.

I managed to get a satisfactory implementation but I have a problem with
category specific filtering.
Ebay suggestions are sensitive to categories like Cars and Pets.

As far as I understand it is not possible to using filters with a term
query.
Unless one uses multiple fields or special prefixes for the words to index I
cannot think how to implement this.

Is their perhaps a workaround for this limitation?

Best Regards
EricZ

---------------------------------------

I am have a shingle type like:
<fieldType name="shingle_text" class="solr.TextField"
positionIncrementGap="100">
<analyzer>
   <filter class="solr.ShingleFilterFactory" minShingleSize="2"
maxShingleSize="4" />
  </analyzer>
</fieldType>

and a query like