I was thinking search both and boost non-synonym field perhaps?

-----Original Message-----
From: mtraynham [mailto:mtrayn...@digitalsmiths.com]
Sent: Monday, May 09, 2011 1:20 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: RE: Synonym Filter disable at query time

Awesome thanks!  Also, you wouldn't happen to have any insight on
boosting
synonyms lower than the original query after they were stemmed, would
you?

Say if I had synonyms turned on:

The TokenStream is setup to do Synonyms -> StopFilter -> LowerCaseFilter
->
SnowballPorter.

Say I search for Thomas, synonyms produces Thomas, Tom, Tommy.
The SnowballPorter produces Tom, Tommi, Thoma.

Is there a way to know Thoma would match the original term, so it could
be
boosted higher?