: It's already much better than the old dismax, and probably more stable.
: If you do not require the ability to lock down what fields people should
: be allowed to search for, I suggest you start using it right away. If
: you require to lock that down, I suggest you help out finishing that
: part of eDismax and then use it :)

Right ... the reason it's marked "experimental" in 3.1 is because there is
are still open questions as to what the "default" behavior should be,
and what new params should be added to change that behavior, which may
change between now and whenever edismax is no longer marked "experimental"

But the code most certainly works, and works well -- otherwise we wouldn't
have included it in 3.1...

-Hoss