: I did try what you suggested, but I am not getting the expected results. The
: code is given below,

+5 points for posting the code you tried, but -10 points for not
explaining how the results you get are differnet from the results you
expect, and -5 more points for not even giving an example of the results
you did get.

In the absense of any other info about how this doesn't match your
expecations, my hunch is it's because you left out hte crucial part of my
suggestion...

:             query.set("facet.range.start", "2010-01-01T00:00:00Z") ;

You said you wanted the facet results to be based on the users local
timezone, but you aren't including the "timezone offset" info that i
mentioned you should add (Unless this example is suppose to show the
results for a user whose local timezone is UTC)

See below...