Third and last attempt, Apache spam filter seems to hate me!

Hi,

I've remember a reported issue on the mailing list mentioning the funky
interval you describe but it had no replies. I've done several set ups with
replication of which one is a very high load service with a pollInterval of 2
seconds. The other set ups have a much higher interval. I've never seen this
behaviour before in any set up. Is there something else going on? Can you
reproduce this weird behaviour with the same index, software versions etc in a
development environment?

About the replication.properties file's number of failed replication; i might
not remember correctly but this value, i think, is incremented when a
replication fails. A replication can fail when the slave is trying to download
a (large) list of large files when, in the meantime, the master merges some
segments. This specific issue can be remedied using the commitReserveDuration
replication property. However, if this occurs there should be an exception in
your log.